Welcome to Roots & Shoots Australia Mini Grants 2023
We’re here to help you care for animals, people and the environment.
Inspired by the incredible life and conservation legacy of Dr. Jane Goodall, Roots & Shoots Australia Mini Grants 2023 s a rewarding, seed-funding initiative to promote respect and compassion for all living things in Australia.
Bring your big idea to life with $500 from Conservation Landholders Tasmania as well as mentoring from the Roots & Shoots Australia network. Let’s do this!
How will I benefit from a Mini Grant?
Our Tasmanian Mini Grants are still open! If you are a Tasmanian resident, you will receive:
- $500 to help bring your project to life!
- A free Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots Resource Box
- Advice and guidance from friendly Mini Grants Mentors
- Access to the online Mini Grants Community to share resources and ideas with the world
- A chance to present your impact story across the Asia Pacific region
You’ll also have a chance to join the Roots & Shoots Australia national youth leadership programs!
How can I apply for a Mini Grant?
Step 1: Register as a Roots & Shoots member by clicking here.
Step 2: Click the blue button below to apply before Friday 27 February!
Mini Grant FAQs
Apply on this page before Monday 27 February and we’ll get back to you within 1-2 weeks with the result of your application!
If successful, we will:
1. Send you a Welcome Pack and your Mini Grant
2. Connect you with a Mini Grants Mentor in your state or territory
And you’re on your way!
Mini Grants are available to Roots & Shoots Australia members only. Becoming a member is easy and completely free! Simply register here to become a Roots & Shoots Australia Member. Individuals, community groups, school groups, non-profit groups, and families can become Roots and Shoots Australia Members and are therefore able to apply for a Mini Grant if their project meets the eligibility criteria.
Any project that will help create positive outcomes for animals, people, or the environment is eligible!
You can expect to hear back from our friendly team within 1-2 weeks of applying.
Your Roots & Shoots Mini Grant will be received via bank transfer.
After your application is successfully confirmed, you will receive your Mini Grant (via bank transfer) by March 2023.
You will have the chance to share your impact through:
- Roots & Shoots Mini Grants Progress Report and Final Report
- Roots & Shoots social media community
Plus, we’ll share your impact across Australia through our community networks to inspire further action!
Roots & Shoots campaigns come in all shapes and sizes. If your campaign continues beyond the final report deadline, simply report on what you have accomplished! Be sure to also include a description of your goals for the future.
Yes! If you miss the deadline you will need to wait until Mini Grants 2024 applications open; you’ll be placed on the waitlist till then.
Absolutely! Mini Grants is just the beginning: there are heaps of ways to get involve with Roots & Shoots across Australia, including:
- Resource Box Program
- Campaigns, including #ClimateHope and #NoWasteNovember
- National Youth Leadership Council
- Local community Events, school workshops (click here to contact your local Roots & Shoots State Coordinator)
You can check out ways to get involved at our website here!
Have a question not listed here? Please email us at email@example.com
Roots & Shoots Australia Mini Grants are generously supported by funds from the Une Parkinson Foundation, Noosa Biosphere Reserve and Conservation Landholders Tasmania.