Recent Activities in Toowoomba
- Thursday 19th September – Bearded Dragon presentation to Prep students at Bunkers Hill State School, Westbrook Qld – by Roots & Shoots.
- Friday 20th September – Peace Day event at Bunkers Hill State School, Westbrook Qld – honoured guests included Toowoomba City Council Councillor for the Environment, Mr Geoff McDonald and the LNP member for Condamine, Mr Pat Weir. Several trees were planted in a new garden at the school, with a plaque honouring Peace Day and a Peace Day cake. I said a few short words on the day about Roots & Shoots.
- Set up display table at Cobb & Co Museum.
- Sunday 22nd September – The first of five Bee Presentations at Cobb & Co Museum Toowoomba. 20 people attended this first presentation, feedback from the presentation was excellent, people stayed right to the end of the presentation and asked questions at the conclusion. Roots & Shoots flyers handed out. There will be school activities this week and the following with further advertising for the bee presentations on the weekends of the school holidays. Tony Coonan, the Learning Officer, said that yesterday was expected to be a little quieter due to Carnival of Flowers events however he is anticipating that the next two weekends will be huge.
Upcoming presentations at 11.00am will be on the following dates:
Saturday 28th Sept
Sunday 29th Sept
Saturday 5th October
Sunday 6th October
- Sunday 13th October – Toowoomba Roots & Shoots Volunteer Group meeting. Field trip to the Toowoomba Organic Community Gardens.
- Saturday 26th October – National Tree Day Event, we have been invited by Toowoomba City Council to host a stall at their National Tree Day event, Council will provide a marquee and table, all we need to bring is our information, merchandise, flyers, banners etc