We are looking for young leaders aged between 16-23 who are ready to lead a movement of young people creating a better world for people, animals and the environment.
Our Roots & Shoots National Youth Leadership Council (NYLC) is made up of a passionate group of young people from around Australia who are dedicated to making positive change happen for people, animals, and the environment.
Members of the NYLC are the youth voice of R&S Australia and work hard to support the organization’s success.
NYLC members are provided with fun and comprehensive training and opportunities to mentor Roots & Shoots members and represent Roots & Shoots at events. Members gain access to influential leaders and networks that will help them grow their leadership capabilities.
Why join the NYLC?
- Professional development and work experience
- Represent the voice of Australia’s youth
- Opportunity to be a key leader in the cause that YOU are passionate about
- Networking opportunities
- Create new connections and global friendships
What responsibilities does the role include?
- A one year commitment
- Participation in monthly online meetings
- Speaking/connecting with one Roots & Shoots group each term
- Regular communication with the NYLC team
- Engaging with our social media
- Contribution to the development of campaigns
- Representing Roots & Shoots at events, or designing your own events
- Participation in International Day of Peace
- Assisting with creating resources in response to areas of need
- Providing ongoing feedback on your experience as a Youth Leader
- Mentoring future Youth Leaders
Applications close February 5th, 2017 at 11.59pm.