We are thrilled to announce that Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots and Red Cross In Search of Safety have partnered to connect Australia’s youth with refugees and asylum seekers across the world.
In Search of Safety gives primary school students a valuable insight into the real reasons why people choose to seek asylum in Australia. Delivered to students by trained facilitators and guest speakers, each session runs for around 90 minutes and can be customised if required. An online of what is included is;
- A pre-presentation activity for teachers to gauge student’s existing understanding of the reasons why people seek asylum.
- A presentation that provides an overview of humanitarian issues, the reasons why people seek refuge outside their home country, and the challenges faced by asylum seekers living in the community in Australia.
- An engaging role-play activity that encourages students to walk in the shoes of someone seeking safety outside of their country.
- The opportunity to hear the personal stories of someone with first-hand experience of seeking safety in Australia.
- An evaluation activity for teachers to gauge shifts in student’s knowledge of asylum seekers and refugees.
For more information about In Search of Safety visit their website here.